Sunday, September 17, 2017

Training blog September 11 to 17, 2017

Monday AM 4 miles with Uta in 31:31
PM road 10, 1:06:32

Tuesday AM road 5 with Melissa and Uta, 40:53
PM 3+ warm up, drills and a tempo 400 in 78, 30x100m on track in around 16.0 with 100 jog recoveries, then 3 plus cool down.

Wednesday didn't run in the AM because I needed some sleep.
7PM easy medium long run of 14.5 in 1:38:34.  I have a class immediately after schools on Wednesdays this fall for 2 and 1/2 hours.  It is going to suck.

Thursday AM 4 miles with Uta in 30:39
PM 3+ warm up, drills, strides, 200m in 30.7. Felt good on the strides but it was hot and it had been very hot all day in my classroom so I was tired overall.  I did a very easy tempo on the track covering 5k in 16:29.  I was going to do 10k but I lost coordination. It was that kind of a day, 3+ cool down

Friday  planned day off.  I wanted the good night sleep and I left from school to drive to northport and pretty much went straight to be after arriving around 9pm

Saturday AM 3 plus warm up, drills, strides 30 second hard effort. Race Cow Harbor 10k, 18th place 32:03, split 16:01 at 5k.   I actually ran pretty perfectly.  I'm just not fit.  I'm incredibly frustrated to be running 32's but there isn't much to do but keep plugging away and trying to rebuild.  This was a nice step forward from the last 10k as it was a few seconds faster and on a much tougher course and I found the conditions tougher as the humidity, 97%, was very rough. 3 mile cool down

Sunday AM drive home
PM easy long run, did first two miles at a shuffle pace with Melissa who was being careful to recover after running a half marathon yesterday and Uta who hates the heat, It was 85 and humid.  just about 20 and a half miles in 2:24:39

Summary 92 miles, 1 race, two medium effort workouts.  Hot week and with the AC not working at school I was pretty dehydrated all week.  Just can't keep up with the amount of sweating I do in a shirt and tie when it is solidly in the mid to high 80's in my classroom all day.   Also still struggling to get back in the swing of getting up before 5 in the morning for the morning runs.
  I race the smart sit back and work my way through the field race I wanted to but I was about 10 seconds per mile slower than I wanted. Still the base has just ended so now I have a starting point.  It isn't the one I wanted but I'll work from it.
  Hope you are well.

No comments: