Monday, August 6, 2018

Training Blog July 30 to August 5, 2018

 A few steps more in the right direction.  Making a lot of progress with PT exercises but am pretty sore and certainly don't feel like I can increase any more quickly without having some trouble.  Walking 8 to 10 miles a day. Before and after every run I do 1.5 miles walking, which mean those days I cover about 7 miles in addition to the 5 mile morning walk I do.

Monday Physical Therapy

Tuesday 600m jog 200m walk then 10x100m with 100m walks in 19, 18, 17, 17, 17, then all 16's.

Wednesday no run but did a ton of PT exercises.

Thursday 2x8mins then 1x9mins with 1min walk breaks.  I was actually going for 8mins on all of them I just sort of spaced out on the last one so it must have been going ok.  Did this on the rail trail which was nice to get off the track.

Friday no running

Saturday 2x10mins on the rail trail with 1min walk break. got a bit too quick on the 2nd rep but settled it down when I noticed on the watch that I was about to run a 5:40 mile.

Sunday  no running.

  Step by step inch by inch.  It is slow but I'm making progress.

No comments: